10. Starting off the evening Jennifer Hudson accepts her
popularity contest award for Best Supporting Actress. "You have no idea what this does to my self-esteem" What? That quote will live in infamy. Keep reading, she'll never live that down.
9. Justin Timberlake announces Prince the winner of Best Song in a Motion Picture. Prince is not there. JT, an amateur at awards shows, waits around for what felt like the longest 60 seconds in the history of TV. Finally, he steps up to the microphone-and squats real low, "I'd like to accept this award on his behalf." Prince is short. Ha Ha.
8.Tina Fey and David Spade present the award for least funny Actress in a Television Series. (They then read the nominations for Actress in Drama Performance for a Television Series.) First nominee, Patricia Arquette, looks a little stunned (not to mention fat).
7. Naomi Watts flubs "Babel" director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's name while presenting the first clip of the night for the best picture nominees.
6. Meryl Streep wins Best Actress in a Musical/Comedy for "Devil Wears Prada". She whips out a two-sided paper. Someone to the side objects, to which the diva snaps, "Oh, shut up. It's not that long!"
5. Foreign Language Film goes to Clint Eastwood who quips, "Thank you. You don't know what this does to my confidence." Told you Jennifer Hudson wouldn't live that down. Jennifer Hudson's confidence immediately goes down and her assistant immediately orders a Dominos Pizza.
Last four flubs after the jump...
4. America Ferrera wins for Best Actress for TV in a Comedy. She cries. Salma cries. Ms. Lopez cries. Mrs. Will Smith cries. After she walks backstage and sees Maria Menounos saying "We'll return..." America waits thinking she's supposed to give an interview. Even though no one else has all night. "...with more Golden Globes." Someone obviously tells America to come, she's not getting an interview. Poor thing, it looked like someone told her she wasn't invited to the Homecoming after party after all.
3. Then two shots in the audience. Someone must have told Maria Menounos to grab America and do an impromptu interview. Unrehearsed and unprepared she asks, "What do you say to all those people who did not want you to play the part?" America looks annoyed, two seconds after her major win, she's already pissed off. America is taken back but gives a very PR rehearsed answer. Then says she got the part because, "Salma saw just how ugly I really am!"
2. Forest Whittaker wins Best Actor in a Drama Motion Picture. His acceptance speech is incomprehensible. The wine must have really been flowing at the Last King of Scottland table. Immediately I start to think. No wonder he keeps getting those semi-Gump roles. He's probably a little slow.
1. Sasha Baron Cohen's acceptance speech!!!! (For Best Comedy Performance in a Motion Picture)
He refers to how in the film, he saw America's dark and ugly side: "the anus and testicles of my co-star, Ken Davitian." Here's a paraphrasing of that lovely speech: "Ken, when I was in that scene and I stared down on your two wrinkled golden globes, I thought to myself, 'I better win a bloody award for this.' As he sat his 300 pounds on my face, I was faced with a choice: death or to breathe in the air that had been trapped in that small pocket of his buttocks for 30 years. Kenneth, if not for that rancid bubble, I would not be here today."